Dragonfly Environmental (DFE) are industry leaders in the construction, restoration and management of wetlands and waterways – natural or artificial, rural or urban, freshwater or salt.
We’ve been managing these vital environmental systems since 1998 and in that time have engaged in some exciting and often groundbreaking work.
- Wetland design and planting plans
- Wetland assessments and remediation recommendations
- Wetland planting
- Wetland management and maintenance
- Specialist aquatic weed management
- Constructed and natural wetland specialists
- Green and golden bell frog habitat
- Wildlife habitat enhancement including Green and Golden Bell Frog and migratory wading birds
- Saltmarsh experts – design, creation and maintenance
- Mangrove management
- Algae management
- Design of riparian zones and waterway rehabilitation
- Riparian (waterway) zone planting
- Maintenance of waterways and riparian zones
- Habitat enhancement
- Water quality testing
- Algae management
Some of our key wetland and waterway projects include:
- Saltmarsh and mangroves within the Lane Cove River Estuary and Parramatta River – works include weed control, planting and erosion management.
- Constructed wetlands and stormwater harvesting facilities in two sites owned by Blacktown City Council – works involve mass scale planting, irrigation and sediment testing and control.
- Warriewood Wetlands, a major coastal freshwater wetland system in the Pittwater Local Government Area – works have focused on the targeted removal of noxious weed including Coral Trees and Ludwigia, using specialised techniques to carry out herbicide spraying in this sensitive environment without causing water contamination or off-target damage.
- Constructed wetlands across Sydney – DFE have provided ecological advice, sediment control, planting and weed and fauna management.